Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dependence on God

In the world we live now, so-called modern, advanced, where everything seems to be reachable and attainable, God seems an outmoded idea. The mention of Him seems to mock at man's purported capacities, to make us seem small and incapable. It's no wonder that to speak of dependence on God would make one look backward, anti-modern and uncool.

Well, before I had my conversion experience, I felt a bit like that. I had to know, I had to be in command. It seemed shameful to be found out that I didn't know something. In short, I was an arrogant, know-it-all fool.

Praise God, I have learned a bit to acknowledge I need help. I was very happy today because I got a task done in the office. I had been setting it aside for days now. I felt overwhelmed and inadequate to do the task before me. I tried to think about what to do and prayed a bit. Finally today, I really felt I had to do something but I couldn't do it. So I offered a decade of the Rosary so the Holy Spirit will enlighten me what to do in my work. I arrived at the office and I forgot about it. Then, in the middle of the day, I just did the work. I got to do it. I was so happy. And so thankful to God. And to Mother Mary.

"When I am weak then, I am strong." Scripture is right. When I am weak then, I am indeed, strong.

No comments: