Tuesday, January 17, 2006

Back Again: Nature

If not for juicyfruiter, I wouldn't be writing this blog. I have totally forgotten this site. My life has changed in the past few months and this one little writing spot was just one of many that I litter my life with that I totally forgot this one. But this is cool too.

I'd like to recall something today. I was walking past the city park at just barely past 6 pm. It was a cool evening and just a little rustle of wind was making the leaves move. Looking at the remnant of Christmas decors surrounding the small park, I noticed the huge tree at the far corner almost towering the other trees around. You can see the tree "flowering" with black moving and twitting birds who rest there for the night. It's a noisy and awesome sight to behold. The birds know they are safe in that tree and they rest there. And the tree finds its being perhaps made complete in its old age -- barren and almost sunken even in its huge frame -- by the usefulness it gives to those needy little birds.

Yesterday, coming back to the city from the province, I rode the bus for more than three hours. We passed one of the towns on our way to the city where white clouds covered a backdrop of green hills. In the foreground stood bamboo trees swaying with the wind and rice stalks just newly grown standing like young adolescents straight and fresh. The all-around green color mixed with the white cloud was a calm and gentle scene.

Then we passed further on a "city" of moving lights -- bancas slowly going out to sea for the night. Fishermen were starting their night office. In the growing darkness, the slowly moving lights were like huge fireflies.

Nature speaks its own language and it's beautiful to hear.

No comments: