Saturday, March 01, 2008

Update on My Life

I have been intently facing my laptop for the past days. Any time that I have, I've been online reading and studying internet marketing. It's a pretty exciting time for me. I have a lot to learn but I'm learning slowly and I'm so happy I joined Wealthy Affiliate. I can't even remember now how I got to learn about the program. I have been searching, buying(!)ebooks, building websites (would you believe it, but yes), studying as I really want to go into internet marketing.

This may be a side of me that those who just know me as a writer or as a Catholic servant don't know but I have wanted to enter the internet business for sometime now. Check out my other blog to read up on my working life journey and why someone like me, who didn't want to own even a set of keys would go into something so "unholy."

In short, I have realized it's not really unholy. I am not a cloistered nun, I'm a lay person and therefore, I must earn a living ("If you don't work, you should not eat" as St. Paul said). So after I left fulltime lay ministry work, it followed that I must earn a living. What would be unholy is to be dependent on others when I am fully capable of earning a living. So that being decided, what is the next step? That of course, I must excel. I love my work now with Shepherd's Voice Publications but as Bo himself encourages people to go on business, I have come to realize why multinational companies "pamper" their employees. Because when your income is not enough, you will find means of adding to it.

So if you want to know more about internet marketing, affiliate marketing, article marketing, search engine optimization I know a thing or two about those words now than I did a few days ago. And I'm amazed at my ignorance when I started my website before (of course it failed). The next time I do start one, it will be a success. Uh, and this whole article -- it's not search-engine optimized.

No comments: